Thursday, January 9, 2014

Week 1 of the New Me

It's been 4 months since the birth of baby number 2 and my little girl is growing healthy and wonderful.  Even before she was born I was plotting my route, not back to my pre-baby body, but to the body I've wanted for years.


Now when I say "the body I want" it is not as simple as wanting to lose X number of pounds - oh no - I want to shape my body with muscle.  This is a journey that I have started and stopped for years for a number of reasons.  The most honest, I think, is that I didn't have the right mindset.


I've grown as a person a lot over the years (as I hope to continue to grow) and I've learned a lot about myself.  It is time for me to bring these lessons into play and truly work on things I want to change.


  
So why am I writing this out for the world to see?  In part, I feel the need to write about what is running through my head.  In part, I want it to be part of the process and help me hold myself accountable.  As of right now, I don't think I'll be writing every day but at least once a week.


Let's Begin:


     End of October, 2013 I weighed 242.2 pounds
     End of November, 2013 I weighed 237.2 pounds
     End of December, 2013 I weighed 230 pounds


Right now, I will be tracking my weight but as I progress this tracking may stop.


I like running and miss being able to do it.  I used to be able to run a 12:00 mile like I could do it forever.  I'd like to be able to hit a 10:00 mile in the same fashion.  So, I am making use of the Couch to 5k program.  I've heard many good things and it seems a great way to start out.


Running Goal: 10:00 Mile


I have always had a special distaste in my life for push-ups.  I suck at them. But I know how awesome push-ups are as an exercise.  So, I don't want to suck at them.  I want to be awesome at them.  So, I've whipped out a handy-dandy training program thing that the Air Force put out.  It's designed to help people pass their fitness exams in the push-up section.


Push-Up Goal: 25 in a row


Now as I stated above, I may not track my weight for the entirety of this adventure but for now I am.  So even that has a goal.


Weight Goal: 165 pounds


All of these goals are prone to change and likely will.  I want to improve my overall health and fitness and that is a journey and challenge that will last a lifetime.  I want to continuously improve my entire life.  So in that vein, I have non-fitness goals as well.  Some will be easier to accomplish than others.


Finish Sudoku Book (easy-ish but keeps my mind happy)


Establish a consistent morning/evening routine (currently at semi-consistent)


Take my kids to three places they haven't been yet, in the local area (a great chance to explore)




Let's get this year going.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment